About Cardiac Rehabilitation
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program teaches you how to be more active and make lifestyle changes that can lead to a stronger heart and better health. We help you feel better and reduce your risk of future heart problems.
You will work with a team of professionals including a cardiac nurse specialist, registered dietician and an exercise physiologist. We design a program just for you, based on your health and specific goals.
In Cardiac Rehab, you will learn how to:
- Manage your heart disease and problems such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Exercise safely.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet.
- Break bad habits, like smoking.
- Reduce stress and depression.
Our exercise sessions are held three times per week and supervised by our cardiac nurse specialist and our exercise physiologist.
Our education sessions are scheduled weekly throughout the day, and are taught by our registered dietician, cardiac nurse specialist and exercise physiologist.
Who Should Attend Cardiac Rehab?
Doctors often prescribe Cardiac Rehab for people who have had a heart attack or bypass surgery, however people with many types of heart or blood vessel disease can also benefit from Cardiac Rehab. In order to participate in the Cardiac Rehab Program, a referral from a physician is required.
The Steps to Enroll
- Talk with your physician about a referral to attend the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
- Check with your insurance company to determine if you will be covered.
- Meet with our nurse to review your cardiac risk factors, your physician referral and recommendations in order to help us design an exercise program that is safe for you.
- Begin the Cardiac Rehab Program!
If you have questions, or would like to set up an appointment please call: (207)374-3454.