What is Physical Therapy?
Physical Therapy is the treatment of physical dysfunction or injury through the use of therapeutic exercise and the application of modalities, intended to restore or facilitate normal function or development. Physical Therapy primarily focuses on balance, strength, mobility and coordination.
Physical Therapy services may include:
- Balance retraining
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Gait and stair climbing
- Joint mobilizations
- Range of motion and strengthening exercises
- Mobility aids
- Endurance training
- Safety training
- Advanced McKenzie training for Spinal Diagnoses such as back pain, spinal stenosis, degenerative joint and disc disease
- Treatment of Amputees and prosthetic training
- Complex CVA’s and Brain Injury re-training
- Relief from sports and orthopedic injury as well as surgical recovery
- Support following joint replacement or fractures
- Pain management for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Education and fitness plans for patients with neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and ALS
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at: (207)374-3454.
57 Water Street
Blue Hill, Me 04614
We also provided Outpatient Physical Therapy services at Island Family Medicine in Stonington.
If you would like to schedule an appointment at this location, please contact us at: (207)374-3454.
354 Airport Road
Stonington, Me 04681
We also provide Outpatient Physical Therapy services at Bucksport Rehabilitation Clinic.
If you would like to schedule an appointment at this location, please contact us at: (207)469-3107.
58 Main Street
Bucksport, Me 04614
We also provide Outpatient Physical Therapy services at Castine Family Medicine.
If you would like to schedule an appointment at this location please contact us at: (207)469-3107.
102 Court Street
Castine, Maine 04421