About Blue Hill Memorial Hospital’s Palliative Care Services
Our interdisciplinary team offers specialized end-of-life care within the hospital that focuses on pain control and symptom management in a private, respectful, and compassionate environment. We offer:
- Pain control
- Respiratory symptom management
- Twenty four hour nursing care
- Family support and grief counseling
- Spiritual advisor if desired
- Interdisciplinary team approach
- Transition to home care and hospice if desired
Other services provided include:
- A private room set up to promote a more homelike and comfortable environment. We encourage loved ones to bring in items from home that hold special meaning or memories.
- Liberal visitation policy for family and friends, based on the needs of the patient.
- Pet visitation is welcome, provided have current vaccinations and are leashed or contained.
- A memory book to record visitors and special memories, past and present.
There is always a provider on call after hours for problems needing immediate attention. To reach our on-call provider please call (207) 374-3400.
For More Information
For more information on our palliative care program, contact our patient care coordinator, Lisa El Hajj, RN at (207) 374-3471.