About Bucksport Family Medicine.
Bucksport Family Medicine is one of four primary care clinics of Blue Hill Memorial Hospital.
At Bucksport Family Medicine, we will help you achieve and maintain optimal health throughout your life. We work together with visiting nurses, community educators, practitioners of complementary/alternative medicine and your family to provide you with the best healthcare possible. We offer early morning and evening appointments.
- Karen Calcott, MD
- Deborah Hatanpa, MD (Welcoming new patients!)
- Elizabeth Byard, FNP (Welcoming new patients!)
What We Provide
In addition to specializing in family medicine, pediatrics, and geriatrics, our board-certified, family medicine providers and healthcare team offers the following:
- Routine well-care for all ages, including sports, camp, and employment physicals
- Chronic disease management
- Family planning
- Individualized preventative health consultations including weight management and nutritional counseling
- Acute care
- Home visits
- Family planning services
As a practice affiliated with Blue Hill Memorial Hospital, we are able to provide the following services on-site at Bucksport Family Medicine:
- Rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech/language, and respiratory therapies)
- Orthopedic clinic
- Nutrition and diabetes counseling
- Social services
- Acadia Counseling
Also Available Through Blue Hill Memorial Hospital
Our physicians can help you access a broad range of healthcare services at Blue Hill, and if necessary, throughout Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems. Conveniently available through Blue Hill Memorial Hospital are:
- Emergency Services
- Laboratory Services
- Specialty services, including surgery and orthopedics
- Diagnostic imaging services, including Digital Mammography and Dexa Scanner
- Rehabilitation Services
- Palliative and other end-of-life care
- Comprehensive Women’s Wellness Services
When You or Your Family Member Has An Acute Need
On weekdays, please call as early in the morning during our regular office hours (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) We reserve some appointments for this purpose and will do our best to meet your needs. If an urgent need arises when our office is not open, call 469-6880 and leave a message with our answering service. A provider is always on call and will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you face a life-threatening health situation, always call 911.
Serving our Patients in the Hospital
If hospital services are needed, our patients are followed at Blue Hill Memorial Hospital by their primary care provider, or our hospitalist - a doctor who specializes in caring for patients inside the hospital. If you need or wish to be admitted to another facility, we will be happy to assist you, and continue to work with you after you are discharged.
Bucksport Family Medicine accepts assignment on Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and most private insurance. We offer a medical assistance plan to those who qualify.
For More Information
If you would like more information about Bucksport Family Medicine, please contact Debbie Jacobs, Practice Manager, (207) 469-6880.
Bucksport Family Medicine
58 Main Street
Bucksport, Maine 04416