About Laboratory Services in Blue Hill
Our hospital’s main laboratory facility is located on the first floor of the Sussman Medical Office Building at 65 Water Street in Blue Hill.
- No appointment necessary and short or no waiting periods
- Convenient parking
- With a physician's order, you can walk in and have your necessary lab work completed
- Competitive pricing
- Results are typically sent to the referring provider within 24 hours or less.
- Area physicians who are not directly affiliated with the hospital also use the hospital’s laboratory services
The laboratory of Blue Hill Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and is staffed by a team of qualified medical laboratory technologists, technicians, and phlebotomists under the direction of a medical director who is a pathologist from the Dahl Chase Pathology group.
Blue Hill Laboratory Services Hours
While our facility is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to serve our inpatient and emergency department needs, outpatient laboratory services are available in Blue Hill are as follows:
- Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (report to the registration area in the main lobby of the hospital)
Laboratory Services in Bucksport, Castine, and Stonington
Blue Hill Memorial Hospital’s Laboratory staff is committed to ensuring that patients experience outstanding and convenient care. Laboratory Services are available by appointment at Peninsula Primary Care practice sites as follows:
Bucksport Family Medicine: Monday 8am -12 noon, Wednesday and Friday 8am -11am
Castine Community Health Service: Monday-Friday 8am to noon
Island Family Medicine: Monday –Friday 8am to noon
Insurance and Payment Information
Blue Hill Memorial Hospital’s Laboratory Services Department accepts assignment on Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and most private insurance. We offer a medical assistance plan to those who qualify. All billing takes place through Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems.